One Week and Two Days

I have officially been here for a week and two days. 

Since I last posted, a lot has happened, which is why I haven't written in a week. I have tried many different fruits purchased from the feria, or supermarket, and eaten traditional Costa Rican dishes I can't remember the names of (but are all very good). I've learned that the streets here have recently become two-lane, one-way roads, and the typical speed limits of 25 kph (approx. 15 mph) and 40 kph (approx. 25 mph) are mere suggestions: the perfect combination for a headache. There are also two different police forces: one that only deals with traffic violations, los transitos, and another that deals with everything else, la fuerza publica. On Monday, I went to my new school for the first time, and met the formerly stray dogs that live there.
My dad left to go home on Tuesday, which was hard and another adjustment. But, while I love my parents very much, I know it's going to be good for me to be away from them for a bit. Wednesday was my first day of school; I met the three other students there who are from Germany (and fluent in English, thankfully), as well as my teacher.
My first two days of school went well, my teacher was very nice and spoke enough English to be able translate words I didn't know. But much to my surprise, she told me at the end of my class with her on Thursday that I would be getting a different teacher on Friday, and that she wasn't sure if she'd be able to come back and teach me in the future. On top of trying to adjust to my new schedule and life here, that was not what I wanted to hear. However, after meeting my new teacher, I realized that it couldn't have been a better change. She asked me what I needed from her rather than just plugging through the curriculum, asked about things I like and applied what I told her to what she was teaching me, and told me a bit about herself (including that she watches Stranger Things, which in my opinion is very important).
This weekend, my little cousin is having his birthday party, which includes a sleepover with four of his friends, and a Harry Potter themed party the next day. It is guaranteed that this weekend will be very eventful and busy, but entertaining nonetheless.
Thanks for reading, much love.
9/21/19

YouTube Channel Link

The Dogs that Live at my School

Thor, age 12, pit bull-lab mix

Bruno, age 6 months, pit bull puppy

Siba, age 11, pit bull

*Not Pictured: a golden retriever I have only seen once that I don't know the age or name of, and a black and white cat named Tequila.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Haven't Written in Awhile, But I'm Back!

Travelling to Costa Rica