Two Weeks and Two Days

My biweekly reminder on my phone to get out a new pair of contact lenses this morning reminded me that I've been here for just over two weeks. Here's what has happened since I last wrote a week ago:
Sadly, my latest teacher is not going to be next week. I'm a little upset, but she taught me enough that I hopefully won't struggle too much next week, as my new teacher doesn't speak any English.
In other news, I've had a lot of great conversations with the students from Germany about both of our home countries, answering questions back and forth. It's been 1000% more interesting to ask real people questions I would normally look up online. Unfortunately, yesterday was their last day at school. They are beginning the volunteering portion of their Costa Rica experience in a different area on Monday. However, they will still be living nearby, so hopefully I will be able to meet up with them before I leave. To make the most of their last day, their teacher (and my new teacher) prepared a traditional Costa Rican breakfast at school yesterday, and brought in a dance teacher at the end of the day. We were able to learn the basics of the four most common Costa Rican dances- salsa, merengue, cumbia, and bachata. It wasn't super difficult and I had a lot of fun learning something outside of my comfort zone. In short, I'm really glad I got to make some new friends and I wish them the best of luck on the next part of their journey.
Last night I got to go with my family to a really cute used book store, where we got a copy of the first two Hunger Games books in Spanish for me to try to read as a form of practice. Then, we went to one of their favorite restaurants where upon getting my food, understood why they love going there- it was amazing.
It's been a really amazing week, and I'm excited for what this next one holds.
Thanks for reading, much love.
9/28/19

New Vlog Coming Soon

Breakfast at School 9/27/19





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Haven't Written in Awhile, But I'm Back!

One Week and Two Days

Travelling to Costa Rica